This light citrus cocktail carries a hearty punch, whilst cleansing the palate with fresh orange juice. It was created by my wife so that I could enjoy a cocktail while she enjoyed an olive filled martini. Equally at home straight up as a cocktail or on the rocks in a suitable tumbler or highball glass, this cocktail adds a fresh orange zing to any evening.
For the purposes of this recipe I’ve used the term “a shot” as a unit of measure. This should be taken as the common measure based on the imbibers preferences, the ratio is what matters not the overall quantity
Serves 1 | Preparation: 2-5 minutes | Cooking: None
- 1 shot of Sailor Jerry (or your choice of spiced rum)
- 1 shot of Patron Citronge (or your choice of orange liquor, Cointreau may also work)
- A splash of Martini and Rossi Extra Dry Vermouth (or as above, your dry Vermouth of choice)
- 1 Tangerine orange (fresh is best, as it is hard to zest a plastic bottle of orange juice)
- Ice cubes
- A chilled martini cocktail glass
Place the ice cubes, and spirits in a suitably sized cocktail shaker.
Using a zester remove some of the tangerine zest, keeping it on one side for garnish. Then squeeze the tangerine juice into the shaker. You can use a juicer, or just crush the orange in your bare hands!
Shake well, ensuring a good mix, and an even chilled temperature throughout. Pour through a strainer to remove any errant orange pips, and enjoy.
Pour into the chilled cocktail glass, garnish with the strands of zest and enjoy.